the sweet green life

the sweet green life
My sweet depiction

Saturday 21 July 2012

Green Living Festival

Celebrating green initiatives in Toronto with my younger sister was such a great way to spend the day today. It always amazes me how many new initiatives there are out there from various people who either want to inform others or want to make available green products for all of us to enjoy. It's interesting how much one can always learn even when one thinks we know much. In my case, today, I was really taken by something I ate from a restaurant stand at the festival called RAWLICIOUS. What looked like a green bundle of nothing, turned out to be the best wrap I've had in a long time! Wrapped in some green leaf was an almond paste, almond cheese, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, guacamole,fresh, vegan treat that just did it for my pallet! How amazing is it to be able to try, learn and enjoy a day celebrating the earth. If your city doesn't have yet a festival of this kind, write to your politicians, organize with a group of people and businesses who can educate and innovate products and services in your city. Believe me, trying something that you may be apprehensive about seems overwhelming at first, but little by little it can set a new way into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment