the sweet green life

the sweet green life
My sweet depiction

Thursday 19 July 2012

Swapping

Today before hitting the gym, I was online searching random things a I tend to do. I somehow came across a swap that was happening today. I immediately called my younger sister who is very much into my lifestyle and who may be even more hippie and definitely more stylish than I. She was at work but she was more than willing to come with me but she needed me to gather my stuff for her to have an option to swap as each person needed at least ten items to trade. That was not a problem as you all know what it's like- we buy pretty things sometime on whims, store those pretties and really hold on to things that sometimes don't even fit anymore.
If you've never done swapping, let me tell you: do it- gather some friends, do a small potluck and just trade what you have. The feeling of being able to trade beautiful items with out the need for currency is amazing! Some people may have a misconception of what it's like, it's not dirty, cheap or something to be ashamed of. We are just people aware that everything is precious in our environment. To me it's all about honoring our environment by allowing others to reuse our treasures.Instead of throwing those items and overflowing our landfills, or allowing corporations to change their minds every season about what we should all look like or so many other reasons- what if we gave them a second life, have someone else enjoy them the way we have. It's a different way of thinking that's worth its sweetness in gold.
So go on, try it, gather friends and things and make something happen!
By the way, we were given bags at this swap that were made out of t- shirts! There's another great craft idea for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment