the sweet green life

the sweet green life
My sweet depiction

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Sewing and refashioning

I do it when ever I want to give my clothes a second chance. Sewing is my opportunity to express my quirky and sometimes silly nature. Sewing has allowed me to turn my not so fitting dresses into fashionable and comfortable items. I am not a great seamstress- in fact I barely sew a straight line but it doesn't matter because nobody takes a big loop over your items to investigate. To me it's just a therapeutic way of dealing with fashion and trying to live a green life. This week my project was my gym bag. I used to carry a clothe bag that advertised some accounting firm- but no more. I redesigned my bag to remind me to go out there and show a piece of my mind to the world... Or just to go to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment