the sweet green life

the sweet green life
My sweet depiction

Friday 31 August 2012

Freecycling

I just had my very first experience with freecycling! What an awesome way to be Environmentally and socially conscious. I had signed up at the freecycle.org for some time and had been receiving emails of people offering and asking for different kinds of items. Finally, I decided to respond to one and to offer what I had- hangers were the wanted item. I really enjoyed being able to unload an item that could be useful to someone. It was a great feeling to give it for free upon seeing the happiness of the receiver.
As I was preparing for school, I decided to ask for some books for my class and I immediately got a response with an offer of children's books that were perfect. I went across the city to pick them up and met a wonderful older woman who in the same way was happy to give her item away.
What a sweet green deal! If you haven't yet signed up, do try, apparently there are groups posting in many countries and in many cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment